Magooby's features well known national headliners every week and is considered one of the top comedy clubs in the country. Locally, we’ve been voted #1 comedy club in Baltimore by the City Paper every year that award’s been given. Our venue comfortably seats 350 people in a theater setting with superb sight lines, state of the art sound and lighting and a 240 square foot stage! We’re located at 9603 Deereco Road (Padonia road exit off I-83N), less than 25 minutes from downtown Baltimore and no more than 5-20 minutes from areas including Towson, Owings Mills, Pikesville, Cockeysville, Loch Raven, White Marsh, Randallstown, Lutherville, Overlea and Parkville.
Our superior showroom environment offers some of the best comedy club pub food you’ll ever taste along with a killer specialty drink menu, excellent service and tons of free parking. Before and after shows (as well as off nights) we invite you to check out our cozy bar, Wits End Saloon, adjacent to the club. Wits End features over 50 different whiskeys, craft cocktails, a vast selection of specialty beers and excellent food, including items not served in the club. The bar is open Monday through Saturday from 4:30pm to 2am.
Our venue is perfect for comedy, intimate music performances or any type of corporate or private event imaginable. We hope you'll make it a point to check us out in Timonium and that you’ll view MAGOOBY'S JOKE HOUSE as the #1 COMEDY CLUB IN THE BALTIMORE AREA!
If you any questions or comments please feel free to call or email me personally. Phone number 410-252-2727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Owner Magooby's Joke House
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Staff and guests will have temps checked with a contactless thermometer upon arrival. No one with a temp of 100.4 or higher will be admitted.
- Staff will wear masks at all times.
- Guests are REQUIRED to wear masks while waiting in line outside before the show and at all times while moving within the building except when seated at your assigned table.
- 6 foot social distance markers have been placed outside the club where the line forms prior to our doors opening.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the front entrance and all patrons will be asked to clean their hands thoroughly before entering the space.
- Menus are laminated and disinfected before each use.
- Condiments will be given out in single use packets. Utensils and napkins will be wrapped in single use plastic. All beverages will be served in plasticware.
- Restrooms are limited to 3 PEOPLE at a time.
- Exiting the showroom will be done one table at a time and patrons will be required to remain at their table until they are given an exit pass and permission to leave.
- Showroom, bathrooms and lobby will be fully sanitized before and between ALL SHOWS.
- Seating capacity in the showroom is limited to 50 percent and all tables are a minimum of six feet apart. No more than six people will be allowed to sit at a table and all patrons seated together must be members of a household that has quarantined together.
- Staff members who have been sick, may have been exposed to positive COVID-19 individuals, or who are not feeling well will not be permitted onsite.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What separates Magooby's Joke House from other comedy clubs in the area?
Comedy clubs are rated by seating capacity, level of talent and number of shows weekly. By this standard, Magooby's is a true "A" room. Our club is the only one in the Baltimore area designed first and foremost for standup comedy. With high ceilings, a 240 square foot stage, a huge floor space and state of the art sound, you're entering an environment perfect for laughter. All Magooby's headliners have national television credits as well as years of experience performing in major comedy clubs across the country. The talent is booked by Coastal Entertainment, one of the top booking agencies in the country. Agents for the well-known national acts who have performed at the club including, Dave Attell, George Lopez, Gilbert Gottfried, Jay Mohr, Ralphie May, Paul Reiser, Richard Lewis, Eddie Griffin, Richard Lewis, Jim Breuer, Jim Norton, Kevin Pollak, Tracy Morgan and Donnell Rawlings will only allow their clients to work comedy clubs with a national reputation for excellence. Magooby's is considered by the comedy industry to be one of the best venues in the country. One visit to our club and we think you'll understand why.
Is Magooby's price competitive with other comedy clubs?
Our regular ticket price is standard for the industry and we also offer a half price exit pass to everyone who enters so the next time you come you’re guaranteed to pay half instead of full admission. We also offer discounts and specials throughout the year. Just sign up for our email list and follow us on twitter for great savings! Also, you can purchase a VIP CARD which gets you $5 admission to any non special event show for you and one guest.
So you offer food?
Yes we do. Please check out our online menu for a full selection of burgers, chicken sandwiches, buffalo wings and other tasty treats. All meals are cooked to order and WE GUARANTEE you'll love whatever you try.
What is the age requirement to attend a show?
18 and older. However, if you would like to consume alcohol YOU MUST BE OVER 21 WITH VALID I.D. Younger teens may be admitted on a per case basis as long as they are seated with a parent or guardian. We occasionally have Kids Comedy Sunday and those shows are open to people of all ages.
What time do the doors open for shows?
Doors generally open one hour prior to show time. However, for our weekend 9:45 show, sometimes we may hold opening the doors for a few extra minutes so we can get the showroom ready after the early show ends. Remember, you’re always welcome to come as early as you’d like and have a drink in Wits End Saloon adjacent to the club.
What is the dress code?
Casual. No tank tops for men.
Are reservations or advanced ticket purchases required?
No. However, many shows DO sell out and, in order to guarantee seating, we STRONGLY SUGGEST you purchase or reserve your seats in advance. If it's a spur of the moment decision, feel free to call ahead or just stop by and we will do everything we can to get you a seat.
What does the two item minimum purchase requirement mean?
This is standard in the industry. Each person is required to purchase two items in the club. Food, alcohol, sodas, juice, water, coffee and tea all count as items. Also please note that purchases made in Wits End Saloon DO NOT satisfy the two item minimum. All purchases must be made in Magoobys.
How many people does the club hold?
Is parking available?
We have pretty much unlimited free parking.
If we have a large group will we be able to sit together?
If a reservation is made you will be seated together. The only exception is for sold out shows. Sometimes there are so many large groups that it just isn't possible to accommodate everyone. However that is extremely rare.
Can I request to sit at a certain table?
Seating is done on a first come/ first seated basis. Our doormen will seat you upon arrival. VIP members can call ahead and request the table of their choice. Find out more about our VIP program HERE.